12×16 inches on Fredrix watercolor canvas
I am experimanting with Stephen Blackburn‘s technique of pouring the masking fluid.
1. First poured the MF, and let it flow around a bit…
2. Then I poured my yellow (Hansa yellow Med DS) and Quin Magenta(W&N).
3. After this dried I pulled out the MF. and did a secong pour of some more yellow and magenta and some Phtalo Blue Green Shade(W&N) on the bottom.
4. I put in some drops of MF in the center for a spark.
5. Then I started developing some petals using Ultramarine Turquoise(DS), Quin Gold Deep(DS), Transparent Pyrrole Orange(DS), and Hansa yellow med (DS).
And here it is:
Some more petals:
And here I put in the first wash in the center with Ultramarine Turquoise & Transp. Pyrrole Orange.
So here it stands… I’LL BE BACK